What we help with
We only provide funding for children who have one or more of the following diagnosis:
- Physical disability
- Severe medical issue that cannot be controlled by medication and disrupts the life of the child and family
- Mental Health Disorders
(Extraordinary costs must be present which are incurred directly as a result of the child’s diagnosis).
If your child has one or more of the diagnosis listed above and you meet all of the eligibility requirements we may be able to help.
- The need for financial assistance must result from extraordinary costs which are incurred directly as a result of the child’s illness or disability.
- The child must be diagnosed with a serious illness or permanent disability by a Canadian Medical Practitioner.
- The child must be 18 years of age or younger.
- The child and parent or guardian must be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant and be a permanent resident of Ontario. Refugee/Convention refugee status does not qualify.
- The family’s combined gross annual household income must be $60,000 or less. Exception to income will only be considered if there is more than one child with special needs in the family.
- The family must have used up all other financial resources available to them. These include:
- Government funding;
- Funding from service agencies and non-profit organizations
- If you own more than one property or home you are not eligible for assistance.
What types of expenses do we assist with?
Hospital and Treatment Costs
- Family accommodation while child is hospitalized
- Transportation between hospital and home, to/from medical appointments including fuel, public transit, train or bus fare, taxi, Wheel-Trans, car rental, ambulance
- Sibling childcare while child is hospitalized or attending medical appointments
- Out of Country trips where treatment is not available in Canada
Household Costs (Must be directly related to child’s medical issues)
- Nutritious Groceries
- Vehicle Repairs associated with safely transporting your child.
- One to one in-home respite care
- Special Formula recommended by a doctor
- Prescription Medication
- Disposable Medical & Feeding Supplies
Therapies (can only apply once in a 12 month period)
- Assessment Fees for therapies listed
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Specially Adapted Trikes (quote/estimate required)
Do you qualify for Assistance?
JACC aspires to help as many children and families as possible with our limited funds; we guarantee careful consideration of your request for financial aid. However, only those we determine to be in crisis or with the most immediate need can be considered.
NOTES: A completed application does not guarantee our assistance. Please read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying or calling. A list of frequently asked questions can be found here.